Angerona is a primordial goddess of the winter solstice.
She is a painkiller, relieving physical, emotional, and psychic suffering, and a protectress. She is a guardian of the witches’ code of silence. Perform this ritual when you want strength to remain powerfully silent.
- Willow Bark
- Bergamot oil
- Earl Grey tea is a reasonable substitute here, as the main ingredient is bergamot. Be sure to choose a decaf version if anticipating healing sleep with this ritual.
- Honey to taste (willow bark is bitter)
- Warm milk
Perform this ritual in silence, from start to finish.
- Make a cup of willow bark tea.
- add 1 drop of bergamot oil and honey to taste;
- Stir the honey and bergamot into your tea counterclockwise, silently asking Angerona to remove any physical, emotional, or psychic pain. Continue stirring as you think of everything you would like relieved, fully express yourself. You can journal this if you prefer. This step can take as long as you need.
- Add warm milk. Stir the milk clockwise. Thanking Angerona for bringing you peace, contentment, strength to hold your tongue and rest.
- Drink all your tea in a single sitting, keeping silent until done.
“It is our quiet time.
We do not speak because the voices are within us.”
*For an extra powerful effect, use freshly fallen snow as your tea water. Kitty likes to shake the snow from her favorite pine tree for this. Of course, this is not advisable in locales where snowfall can be polluted; near highways or in smoggy city valleys. Be wise and use your own discretion.